Sunday, February 21, 2010

God's Love - Full Circle

Saturday, I attended a wedding.
A beautiful wedding.
But it was more than just a wedding.
It was a picture, to me, of God's love coming around full circle.
There is a song by Casting Crowns called, 'Praise You in This Storm' and part of the lyrics say, "And praise the God who gives and takes away."  That's exactly what this wedding reminded me of.  God gives and takes away and He gives and takes away.  We can watch His love make a full circle around us.

I have been to my cousin's church three times.  The first was to witness the wedding ceremony of my cousin to her first husband.   It was beautiful then too.  I remember she decorated with red roses.  I was only in high school then, and I was envious of the love they shared.

The second time I was at that church was to cry along with her as we buried her husband.  It was two and a half years ago.  He had been killed in a motorcycle accident.  He left behind a son, who I believe was about 4 and a 6 month old daughter.  My heart ached for my cousin as I thought of her trying to raise these two children alone.  I wondered how God could take such a good man, a loving husband and father.  But her bravery amazed me.  I always prayed that the Lord would bring someone special along for her to love and be loved by again.  And He did.

Yesterday, we rejoiced with her at the same church, as she married again.  A new man, a completely different man, but a loving and caring man.  But in the back of my throat, I had to swallow down the lump, that kept trying to creep up.  I couldn't stop thinking of the pain she had been through.  How her heart must have ached these past years.  But now...to be filled up again.  And all because the Lord's love had come full circle.  See, the Lord may bring the rain, and the thunder may roll for a time in your life.  But it never rains forever.  There's always a sunny day on the horizon, full of new opportunities, adventures and love.

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
            ~Isaiah 40:31

No comments: