Monday, February 22, 2010

In My Solitude - One Thousand Gifts


I've been eager to seek this solitude today.  Everything seems so chaotic and jumbled.  From the children's off-kilter schedules, the messy house that seems to dirty itself the moment I clean it, to life's bigger issues, like jobs and love.


And so I continue my journey of one thousand gifts.  I'm sure I won't be able to stop there.  I've been finding myself making lists in my head all week long, eager to share what I am noticing the Lord has given.   I have learned that blessings are not the big things in life, like a large house, wealth, careers and so on.  No, it's the smallest of details that bring a smile to our lips, a skip in our hearts, and sigh in our voice.

18. Little boys who smell of peanut butter, cheerios and apple juice

19. Snow falling softly and quietly in the street lamps light

20. Little baby pouty lips

21. Grandmothers who adore there little grandchildren, and are content to hold and cuddle them

22.  Little boys rushing hurriedly to greet there 'papa'

23. Hearing your son lovingly exclaim "I love you, Daddy" for the very first time and watching as your husband's eyes glisten with tears of love.

24. The stories and secrets we share with our eyes, as I feed and snuggle my daughter

25. Long, tight embraces shared with my love, as all understanding passes between us

26. Being stolen away for a quick evening of romance

27. How mommy kisses make 'Boo boos' all better

28. Glowing fireplaces that warm deep through the skin

29. Brides in white, wedding dresses that remind you fairy tales can true.

30. And soft, wet kisses from sleepy little boys as he slips off to bed

31. Sunlight filtering into the house from every window, and filling my soul with song

No comments: